THE UNION VISION FOR THE YEAR 2010
Members of the union have secure posts with salaries that are adequate with regard to their demanding posts and high level education.
- The members have a high professional esteem at the workplace, an adequate salary level and good career opportunities
- University and research establishment salaries for the academically qualified are competitive with those in other sectors
- The salaries of the members are defined through personal competence, job requirements and skills
- The majority of members work in permanent posts or hold at least five-year-contract posts
- Researchers with scholarships are able inexpensively to ensure adequate social security by the aid of the granting bodies or the society
- The union with its member associations is the main safeguarding actor in the university sector and AKAVA´s largest union in the govermantal sector